Getting Data In

IndexScopedSearch and default ingest timestamp

ellothere
Explorer

Splunk Enterprise. Version: 7.2.3. Build: 06d57c595b80.

New dataset of a 70 MB log file. The timestamp of the log file was based on seconds the device operated, not a traditional month, day, year, etc... When I ingested the file to Splunk, it was assigned the default timestamp of the time of ingest since there was no discernible timestamp. I wanted to round the time to the nearest tenth of a second since further granularity is not needed at this point:
index=main source="03182019.csv"
| eval appTime=round(time)
| stats c by appTime
| sort appTime

When I try doing this search I receive this error:
Error in 'IndexScopedSearch': The search failed. More than 1000000 events found at time 1553486400.
Understandably, this is a lot of events but is there no way to increase the limit so searches like this can be run? Currently, it only returns chunks of the data and there are large amounts of it missing.

0 Karma

secrecys
Explorer

We are experiencing this issue when creating summaries with more than 1M results... 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...