Getting Data In

Ignoring path="x" due to: Bug: tried to check/configure STData processing but have no pending metadata.

sarahnazzar
Explorer

Hello Splunkers!

Receiving the below error under splunkd.log for the UFs 
08-02-2022 12:41:53.695 +0200 ERROR TailReader [8108 tailreader0] - Ignoring path="D:\xx\yy\filename" due to: Bug: tried to check/configure STData processing but have no pending metadata.

Checked in splunk community answers(https://community.splunk.com/t5/Getting-Data-In/TailingProcessor-Ignoring-path-quot-path-to-xyz-quot...) and found that setting CHARSET for the related source/source type in related props.conf stanza to

CHARSET = AUTO in UF works fine and it did work fine for some time but can any one help me out on why this ERROR is occurring in the UF? as I'm receiving this error intermittently, at times frequently for few logs.

The fix provided is the answers works for some time only again that particular UF is throwing the same error, can anyone please help me on this!

Thanks in Advance!

Sarah

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...