Getting Data In

If Universal Forwarder has changed default admin password, can Deployment Server still push configurations to it?

fernandoandre
Communicator

I'm about to deploy several Universal Forwarders and in the installation procedure I'm planning to include one step to change the default admin password.

Afterwards, can a Deployment Server still push configurations(Apps) to Forwarders as usual? No other process or configurations are required?

Thanks in advance.

0 Karma
1 Solution

Ayn
Legend

Yes, deployment will work just fine. The deployment server isn't actually pushing apps to its clients, rather they're checking in regularly and will pull information from the server if the server instructs them to. Changing passwords on the deployment clients will not affect this functionality.

View solution in original post

Ayn
Legend

Yes, deployment will work just fine. The deployment server isn't actually pushing apps to its clients, rather they're checking in regularly and will pull information from the server if the server instructs them to. Changing passwords on the deployment clients will not affect this functionality.

fernandoandre
Communicator

Thank you for your answer. Nevertheless, have you actually tested it?

And yes you are true, the DS doesn't push apps, just waits for queries from UFs. I wasn't very successful keeping the question simple!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...