Getting Data In

IDS and unauthorized device detection.

aaronzabell
Path Finder

Splunk is currently indexing the logs for all of my companies switches and routers. It's a mishmash of Dell and Cisco devices. Is there an application for Splunk ideal for alerting when rogue devices get plugged in to one of the network ports?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jfraiberg
Communicator

you would have to find what shows up in the log when this happens and just have a scheduled search to alert you. for instance you can have a search that watches the logs for when it sees a link up on specific ports.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jfraiberg
Communicator

you would have to find what shows up in the log when this happens and just have a scheduled search to alert you. for instance you can have a search that watches the logs for when it sees a link up on specific ports.

0 Karma

aaronzabell
Path Finder

I was afraid of that. So far though, the information logged is very minimal. i.e. "connection up on port x" or "connection down on port x". Nothing about the device that is connected to the port, like MAC address or anything else useful. Thanks for your help.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...