Getting Data In

I need to transfer the data from Splunk to a third party server (UDP port)

akd9

the configuration for tcp port is below but need to the same for udp port

Transforms:
[bigmoney]
REGEX = event
DEST_KEY=_TCP_ROUTING
FORMAT=bigmoneyreader

Props:
[host::machine name]
TRANSFORMS-filterHost = bigmoney

Outputs:
[tcpout]
defaultGroup = nothing

[tcpout:bigmoneyreader]
server=ipaddress:port
sendCookedData=false

0 Karma
1 Solution

rphillips_splk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@niketn The syslog output processor supports udp you can use the example from our docs to configure this:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/6.6.0/Forwarding/Forwarddatatothird-partysystemsd

Send a subset of data to a syslog server
This example shows how to configure a heavy forwarder to forward data from hosts whose names begin with "nyc" to a syslog server named "loghost.example.com" over port 514:

Edit props.conf and transforms.conf to specify the filtering criteria.

In props.conf, apply the send_to_syslog transform to all host names beginning with nyc:
[host::nyc*]
TRANSFORMS-nyc = send_to_syslog

In transforms.conf, configure the send_to_syslog transform to specify _SYSLOG_ROUTING as the DEST_KEY and the my_syslog_group target group as the FORMAT:
[send_to_syslog]
REGEX = .
DEST_KEY = _SYSLOG_ROUTING
FORMAT = my_syslog_group

In outputs.conf, define the my_syslog_group target group for the non-Splunk server:

[syslog:my_syslog_group]
server = loghost.example.com:514
type = udp

View solution in original post

rphillips_splk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@niketn The syslog output processor supports udp you can use the example from our docs to configure this:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/6.6.0/Forwarding/Forwarddatatothird-partysystemsd

Send a subset of data to a syslog server
This example shows how to configure a heavy forwarder to forward data from hosts whose names begin with "nyc" to a syslog server named "loghost.example.com" over port 514:

Edit props.conf and transforms.conf to specify the filtering criteria.

In props.conf, apply the send_to_syslog transform to all host names beginning with nyc:
[host::nyc*]
TRANSFORMS-nyc = send_to_syslog

In transforms.conf, configure the send_to_syslog transform to specify _SYSLOG_ROUTING as the DEST_KEY and the my_syslog_group target group as the FORMAT:
[send_to_syslog]
REGEX = .
DEST_KEY = _SYSLOG_ROUTING
FORMAT = my_syslog_group

In outputs.conf, define the my_syslog_group target group for the non-Splunk server:

[syslog:my_syslog_group]
server = loghost.example.com:514
type = udp

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...