Getting Data In

I need to transfer the data from Splunk to a third party server (UDP port)

akd9

the configuration for tcp port is below but need to the same for udp port

Transforms:
[bigmoney]
REGEX = event
DEST_KEY=_TCP_ROUTING
FORMAT=bigmoneyreader

Props:
[host::machine name]
TRANSFORMS-filterHost = bigmoney

Outputs:
[tcpout]
defaultGroup = nothing

[tcpout:bigmoneyreader]
server=ipaddress:port
sendCookedData=false

0 Karma
1 Solution

rphillips_splk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@niketn The syslog output processor supports udp you can use the example from our docs to configure this:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/6.6.0/Forwarding/Forwarddatatothird-partysystemsd

Send a subset of data to a syslog server
This example shows how to configure a heavy forwarder to forward data from hosts whose names begin with "nyc" to a syslog server named "loghost.example.com" over port 514:

Edit props.conf and transforms.conf to specify the filtering criteria.

In props.conf, apply the send_to_syslog transform to all host names beginning with nyc:
[host::nyc*]
TRANSFORMS-nyc = send_to_syslog

In transforms.conf, configure the send_to_syslog transform to specify _SYSLOG_ROUTING as the DEST_KEY and the my_syslog_group target group as the FORMAT:
[send_to_syslog]
REGEX = .
DEST_KEY = _SYSLOG_ROUTING
FORMAT = my_syslog_group

In outputs.conf, define the my_syslog_group target group for the non-Splunk server:

[syslog:my_syslog_group]
server = loghost.example.com:514
type = udp

View solution in original post

rphillips_splk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@niketn The syslog output processor supports udp you can use the example from our docs to configure this:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/6.6.0/Forwarding/Forwarddatatothird-partysystemsd

Send a subset of data to a syslog server
This example shows how to configure a heavy forwarder to forward data from hosts whose names begin with "nyc" to a syslog server named "loghost.example.com" over port 514:

Edit props.conf and transforms.conf to specify the filtering criteria.

In props.conf, apply the send_to_syslog transform to all host names beginning with nyc:
[host::nyc*]
TRANSFORMS-nyc = send_to_syslog

In transforms.conf, configure the send_to_syslog transform to specify _SYSLOG_ROUTING as the DEST_KEY and the my_syslog_group target group as the FORMAT:
[send_to_syslog]
REGEX = .
DEST_KEY = _SYSLOG_ROUTING
FORMAT = my_syslog_group

In outputs.conf, define the my_syslog_group target group for the non-Splunk server:

[syslog:my_syslog_group]
server = loghost.example.com:514
type = udp

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...