Getting Data In

I have the Docker Splunk driver running, but why are no events being collected?

netadmin77

I finally have the Splunk driver running successfully. At least I think so as it is not producing any errors.
Only... I go to my Splunk server and I see that it is not collecting any events. Since I am not getting any errors, I can't tell what I am missing. Please help!

Working docker run command below.

docker run -d --name ${CONTAINER_NAME} --log-driver=splunk  -p 8088:8088 -p 80:7385 \
--log-opt splunk-url=http://xx.xxx.x.xxx:8088 \
--log-opt splunk-token=58D4782B-XXXX-4884-XXXX-D6C58DB1335F \
--log-opt splunk-source=/opt/jboss/wildfly/standalone/log/server.log \
--log-opt splunk-insecureskipverify=true \
0 Karma

itradeclayton
Path Finder

Not sure this applies to you anymore, but I also noticed while setting this stuff up myself recently that in Splunk when you configure the HEC token, you need to go back into that configuration area and there's a "global" token setting that is set to disabled. You have to enable it.

0 Karma

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you turned on indexer acknowledgement on the data input for the HTTP event collector?
I found the docker driver only works with indexer acknowledgement turned off, otherwise it silently fails...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...