Getting Data In

I have been trying to upload a local file, but why does the upload window remain empty?

Fuji2015

Hello,

I am quite new to Splunk. I have been trying to upload a local file, but when I click on Add data-->Upload-->Select Source, I cannot select any source/files from my computer because the window remains empty (the link is http://localhost:8000/en-US/manager/search/adddata/selectsource?input_mode=0) and it displays only the menu bar. I am more than happy to create some kind of log file if you explain to me how to do it. I am using Firefox 43.

0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
Legend

Either splunk installation is broken or it' a problem with your browser.
Can you try it on a different browser?

Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

meenal901
Communicator

Hi,

In addition to what Varad mentioned, if deleting cache/cookies and different browser doesn't work, restart Splunk once. Also, you can check splunkd.log to see more details.

Thanks,
Meenal

0 Karma

Fuji2015

Thanks for your replies, I reinstalled Splunk and then used the IE where it works now. It seems that the latest version of Firefox is not supported, at least not on my machine 🙂

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

Either splunk installation is broken or it' a problem with your browser.
Can you try it on a different browser?

Happy Splunking!

renjith_nair
Legend

@Fuji2015, please accept as answer so that the question will be closed. thanks

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

Fuji2015

It was indeed a problem with Firefox 43.0.2. Thanks a lot for your answers!!

0 Karma

varad_joshi
Communicator

There could be multiple reasons for this. As Renjith also mentioned, this could be because of browser issue.
Try deleting cache and cookies or try another browser.

Also please ensure that there is sufficient space in the directory where Splunk is installed. I had some local indexing issues because of that.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...