Getting Data In

I developed an application to process Nessus data for Splunk

wanderson7
Explorer

Hi everyone.  I am not sure the right place to post this, but I figured an introduction wasn't a bad place to start.

I just graduated from a local technical college with degrees in Web Development and CyberSecurity.  As a security intern with the college's technology services, I ended up using Splunk quite a bit.  However, I always gravitated more towards development and coding than the typical security work. So my supervisors came up with a development project that could benefit them and let me develop something as my final project.

The result was TenaPull, a Java application that processes data from the Nessus API and outputs it into JSON files that can be ingested by a Splunk index.

https://github.com/billyJoePiano/TenaPull

(It's my understanding that there used to be a Python 2 script which did this, but the script was deprecated and no longer works.  I did briefly examine the script when I started, but didn't dig very deep into it)

I am interested in hearing about your experience with it, and any issues or problems you may have encountered using it.  I am definitely open to making changes and improvements if there is a demand for that.

Also, if there is a better place to post this information, please let me know as well!  I'd love to see more people using TenaPull

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...