Getting Data In

I added a third Index to my Cluster Master How do I tell my forwarders to send data to the new index

ajromero
Path Finder

I added a third Index to my Cluster Master How do I tell my forwarders to send data to the new index or how my forwarders know about the new index

thank you

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

there are two way to do it

1. manually in outputs.conf 
  2. using indexer discovery with CM

and of course combination of those.

In most cases indexer discovery is the easiest way to manage this especially if you add and remove indexers or those ip/names change regularly. Here is instructions how to configure it https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.6/Indexer/indexerdiscovery 

If you are using manual method then just add the new one to same stanza in outputs.conf than old ones are. Based on your environment this can do with DS, other automation tool or manually.

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

there are two way to do it

1. manually in outputs.conf 
  2. using indexer discovery with CM

and of course combination of those.

In most cases indexer discovery is the easiest way to manage this especially if you add and remove indexers or those ip/names change regularly. Here is instructions how to configure it https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.6/Indexer/indexerdiscovery 

If you are using manual method then just add the new one to same stanza in outputs.conf than old ones are. Based on your environment this can do with DS, other automation tool or manually.

r. Ismo

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...