Getting Data In

Hunk bucket archive question?

tsunamii
Path Finder

When HUNK does its bucket pushes to HDFS, it also pushes a couple small supporting files, metadata, etc... With Hadoop's issues handling small files, I was wondering if that is something that's been looked at or not?

For using the HUNK archiving on clustered indexers, I understand that if the buckets have 2 or greater searchable copies of the data, searches against that archived data will return duplicated results, is that correct?

0 Karma

hsesterhenn
Path Finder

Hi

1) jepp. There will be some overhead. Since there are not millions of buckets I don't think this will be an issue...

2) Every indexer will try to copy "it's own" bucket to HDFS. If there is already a valid copy of this bucket the indexer will skip this.
There should be no duplicates.

HTH,

Holger

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...