Getting Data In

How to use REST to find LDAP mapped groups (roles and the AD group(s) they are mapped to)

blacknight659
Explorer

I needed to find my roles were mapped to LDAP active directory groups. I ended up with the search below. It works, but I wanted to post it here to help others and/or ask the community for ideas on improvement.

I wanted to view the configuration stanza in /etc/system/local/authentication.conf under the [My_LDAP] stanza. Here, I can see which roles are assigned to my AD groups. I made the search below. You will notice the |transpose command. This helped to format the data in a more usable way.

| rest /services/configs/conf-authentication/My_LDAP
| transpose header_field=a column_name=role
| rename "row 1" as AD_Group
| search role!="eai:*" role!=id role=*
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try

| rest /services/admin/LDAP-groups splunk_server=local | table title roles | rename title as AD_Group

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try

| rest /services/admin/LDAP-groups splunk_server=local | table title roles | rename title as AD_Group

blacknight659
Explorer

This is much better. Thank you!

0 Karma

adoumbia
Observer

Thank you it helps

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...