Getting Data In

How to update root certificates on a Splunk 4.2 Forwarder on Windows 2000 without PowerShell?

ruiaires
Path Finder

Hi,

Following the root certificate expiration explained at:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/395886/for-splunk-enterprise-splunk-light-and-hunk-pre-63.html?el...

Is there a way to update root certificates on a Splunk 4.2 Forwarder running on a "legacy" Windows 2000 server without PowerShell support?

Thanks

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could do it with a batch file. Create the batch script, deploy it via app, and put a scripted input in the app that runs the batch file one time per hour (for example), and then deploy the app, wait an hour, and finally remove the app.

Or sometimes I'll make the script run every 5 minutes and put code in the script to disable the scripted input after execution.

Another fine solution would be to write a c sharp (C#) app which is called by a batch file.

0 Karma

ruiaires
Path Finder

Thanks,
console access is not an issue, so the scripted input suggestion does not help here 😉

So the challenge would be to convert the provided PowerSell script to a standard batch file:
http://download.splunk.com/products/certificates/renewcerts-2016-05-05.zip

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you have console access then you dont need a scripted install.

Just install splunk on any computer and copy the certificate generated by the fresh install to the windows 2000 machine.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...