Getting Data In

How to uninstall/reinstall Universal Forwarder

I have uninstalled the collector (ver. splunkforwarder-6.3.0-aa7d4b1ccb80-x64-release.msi) on Server 2012 R2, when I try to reinstall it I get the message "Product: UniversalForwarder -- This version of UniversalForwarder has already been installed on this computer." I uninstalled using add/remove programs, have rebooted, checked the registry for anything Splunk related and cant find anything.

any suggestions ?

Thanks, Eric

0 Karma

Engager

I received same error. Version: splunkforwarder-6.3.0-aa7d4b1ccb80-x64-release.msi.
The right-click and uninstall did not work for me.

I fixed it and was able to install by deleting the following registry key. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\C042F9A1CE44AA641A538C56CC9204B1

Motivator

Have you check the services?

0 Karma

Yes, the uninstall removed the directory, however, I think I just fixed the issue. I right clicked on the splunkforwarder-6.3.0-aa7d4b1ccb80-x64-release.msi file and there was an option to Uninstall, which I selected, it looked like it actually was doing something, and I can now run through the install

thank you for your reply

0 Karma

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you deleted the Splunk directory? It may be called "Splunk Universal Forwarder".

---
If this reply helps you, an upvote would be appreciated.
0 Karma