Getting Data In

How to troubleshoot error "Unable to distribute to peer - because peer has status = Duplicate license. Duplicate license hashes"?

lbogle
Contributor

Hello Splunkers,

Question for you regarding licensing issues in my distributed 6.2 instance.
I moved my corporate licenses to a new search head which I then deployed as the master license server. I then turned off my old master license server server services and made it . I then went to each of the indexers and switched them over to the new master license server/search head, restarting splunk on each in turn. I am now seeing errors from each of the indexers similar to the subject line. I have several license key hashes (different log volumes purchased incrementally) and I verified that all hashes are unique. The old license server does not appear to be referenced anywhere in the mix, but they are the same licenses.

Am I supposed to delete the licenses and re-add them?
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Lindsay

0 Karma
1 Solution

lbogle
Contributor

Found the duplicate license on a little used lab box! Lesson here is "RTEEM"! (Read The Entire Error Message)

View solution in original post

lbogle
Contributor

Found the duplicate license on a little used lab box! Lesson here is "RTEEM"! (Read The Entire Error Message)

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...