Getting Data In

How to resolve when data getting duplicated twice in indexers?

mpreddy
Communicator

Hi Splunkers,

I have noticed an issue in my Splunk environment:

Issue:

Data is getting duplicated twice in indexers. If i do a search in search head, the same events are coming in twice. this issue started 2 days ago, earlier there is no issue with the data.

My Investigations:

1)checked the application logs wether same log is existing twice? Answer: No
2)Checked whether this issue is happening to one sourcetype OR only for one index OR one forwarder? Answer: No it is affecting all forwarders and indexers data.

My questions:

• Is the issue is from the Indexer cluster side?
  • Is the issue is from the forwarder side?
  • Or any other reason why it is happening? and what are the steps need to prevent it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Reddy.

1 Solution

vasanthmss
Motivator

Seems like an issue from 6.3.x upgrade to newer version after 6.4.x would fix the issue.

V

View solution in original post

vasanthmss
Motivator

Seems like an issue from 6.3.x upgrade to newer version after 6.4.x would fix the issue.

V

erwan_raulet
Explorer

I have the same problem and my version is Splunk Enterprise 6.5.3. Do you have an issue?

0 Karma

sreekarnapu1109

I have same issue my data is getting doubled in indexers each time a log is captured

0 Karma

dxu_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

are the duplicate events coming from the same bucket or different buckets? you can isolate one of the duplicate events, and then check with bucket+splunk_server the event and its duplicates are being returned from

"some_dup_event | eval bkt=_bkt | fields + bkt,splunk_server"

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

Something changed in your configuration. Did someone change outputs.conf. on the forwarders?
If no one changed the source data files, then someone must have changed a Splunk setting in some .conf file

0 Karma

mpreddy
Communicator

@lguinn

We did not touched any config files in forwarders.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...