Getting Data In

How to rename a sourcetype based on the source on my indexer within a custom app?

ugruner
Explorer

Hi, I am trying to rename a sourcetype based on the source on my indexer within a custom app

so i created props.conf and transforms.conf in %splunkhome%\etc\apps\myapp\default

props.conf

[source::C:\\temp\\MyFile*.csv]
TRANSFORMS-wst=wst-sourcetype

transforms.conf

[wisdom-sourcetype]
DEST_KEY=MetaData:Sourcetype
SOURCE_KEY=MetaData:Source
REGEX=\bMyFile\w+
FORMAT=sourcetype::$1
WRITE_META=true

Any idea why I still get the Sourcetype in csv?

0 Karma
1 Solution

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

In the FORMAT setting, you use $1, which refers to the first capturing group in the REGEX, but the REGEX does not contain any capturing group.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

In the FORMAT setting, you use $1, which refers to the first capturing group in the REGEX, but the REGEX does not contain any capturing group.

0 Karma

ugruner
Explorer

Shame on me. For missing the ().
Thanks.

0 Karma

ugruner
Explorer

sorry there was a copy and paste error: it should be wst-sourcetype not wisdom-sourcetype in transforms.conf

transforms.conf is
[wst-sourcetype]
DEST_KEY=MetaData:Sourcetype
SOURCE_KEY=MetaData:Source
REGEX=\bMyFile\w+
FORMAT=sourcetype::$1
WRITE_META=true

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...