Getting Data In

How to move a summary index from a search head to the indexers?

Glasses
Builder

Hi
I don't have a lot of experience with summary indexes, but the previous admin created some schedule reports and set summary indexing to an index on the local search head box.

I have to decom this physical server and move the searchhead to the cloud, so I will tar it and move it.

But I don't want the summary index - indexing locally to an instance that is a dedicated searchhead...

Please advise how I can configure the summary to send to the indexers (which are non-clustered, autolb).
Thank you

0 Karma
1 Solution

Glasses
Builder

Thank you, one quick follow up,
do I create these confs in system/local or in the search app or launcher app where I find the base schedule searches... not sure which directory to insert those...

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...