Getting Data In

How to monitor a folder on an online site for csv files, similar to monitoring a local directory?

jtoan
Engager

My splunk instance is currently monitoring a local file and indexing .csv files as they are added. I need to move this file to an online site. So, given that I have a URL to a folder or file, how would I configure Splunk to monitor the online directory in a similiar fashion to monitoring a local directory?

I'm pretty new to Splunk so am not very familiar with the REST API or setting up a Splunk forwarder. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you have access to the site that will store the files, I recommend installing a Splunk Universal Forwarder. The forwarder will monitor the file in the same way Splunk is doing for you now and send the contents to your indexer(s). Installing a forwarder is very simple. See the docs at http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.4/Forwarding/Aboutforwardingandreceivingdata.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...