Getting Data In

How to manually upload logs in a zip file to a Splunk indexer cluster?

kiran331
Builder

Hi

I want to manually upload the log files in a zip file into a cluster environment with 3 indexers. How to do it?

0 Karma
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can upload a file using the Add Data wizard in Splunk Web. You can read About uploading data in the Search Tutorial for a walkthrough.

If you have index clustering, you don't need to do anything extra. Quoting from About index clusters and index replication in the Managing Indexers and Clusters of Indexers manual:

The peer nodes receive and index incoming data, just like non-clustered, stand-alone indexers. Unlike stand-alone indexers, however, peer nodes also replicate data from other nodes in the cluster. A peer node can index its own incoming data while simultaneously storing copies of data from other nodes.

View solution in original post

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can upload a file using the Add Data wizard in Splunk Web. You can read About uploading data in the Search Tutorial for a walkthrough.

If you have index clustering, you don't need to do anything extra. Quoting from About index clusters and index replication in the Managing Indexers and Clusters of Indexers manual:

The peer nodes receive and index incoming data, just like non-clustered, stand-alone indexers. Unlike stand-alone indexers, however, peer nodes also replicate data from other nodes in the cluster. A peer node can index its own incoming data while simultaneously storing copies of data from other nodes.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...