Getting Data In

How to install and configure a universal forwarder on servers that are running applications in a Docker container?

AzmathShaik
Path Finder

Hello

i was looking at Splunk docs regarding how to install Splunk forwarder and configure inputs to forward logs from Docker container. Unluckily, I could not find any thing. Can any one help me in what is the process to install and read logs from Docker container??

Thanks in advance

0 Karma

tormodbp
Path Finder

Hi,

Before I present you some possible links for further reading, I must state that I have not done this myself yet.

Back in 2015 Splunk blog had a development blog entry about "Integrating Splunk with Docker, CoreOS and JournalID".
In the blog post it explains how to integrate a universal forwarder into an environment where all applications are run in docker containers, and thus do not support regular installation of a forwarder. Docker container used for the Splunk forwarder is publicly available in the Docker hub. Source is available on Github.

I believe that the above mentioned blogpost would assist you in your problem.

Sorry that I could not assist you further with a solution.

Cheers,

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...