Getting Data In

How to ingest CAS Logs from servers running old Universal Forwarder version into Heavy Forwarder with version 9?

nadeemahmed

Hi all,

I am pretty new to splunk myself.

I recently installed an add-on for ingesting CAS logs from our exchange servers on a Heavy Forwarder.
Ref: Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Exchange - https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3225/

The splunk universal forwarder version on the exchange servers are currently 8.x and the Splunk version on the HF is version 9. 

The logs were not coming thru, and we identified this was probably due to version 9 now having authentication features to communicate with UF. 

So I temporarily modified the "authKeyStanza" in the restmap.conf file to "requireAuthentication = false"
Restarted splunk 

Recreated server class via web console in forwader management.

Immediately started seeing quite a few events. 

After getting proof of the events coming into the Search Heads also, I went back and change the "authKeyStanza" in the restmap.conf file to "requireAuthentication = true" and Restarted splunk again

Coming to MY QUESTION NOW is, will reverting my authentication value to true; STOP the ingestion of those logs? 

I have not been able to view any error in splunkd.log, but I dont even see latest events. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...