Getting Data In

How to get secure syslog from keysecure/ safenetat appliance?

nahfam
Path Finder

Hey splunksters, 

-Just curious if anyone has had success getting secure syslog over tcp-port 6514 . The safenet applicance is supposed to send data to the indexer which is being treated like the "syslog" server.  I have tried using my own certificates and carefully pointing the various inputs, web, and server.conf files LIKE THIS: 

https://wiki.splunk.com/Community:SplunkWeb_SSL_SelfSignedCert_NewRootCA 

AND LIKE THIS: 

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Getting-Data-In/How-to-configure-my-splunk-app-to-get-data-over-SSL/... 

-Through playing with the configuration stanzas, I am no longer getting any splunkd errors.  

-However, the INFO field (in splunkd) provides these msg: 

IPv4 port 6514 is reserved for raw input (SSL) 

IPv4 port 6514 is reserved for splunk 2 splunk 

IPv4 port 6514 will negotiate s2s protocol level 4 

creating raw acceptor for IPv4 port 6514 with SSL 

the server IS listening for port 6514, but wireshark does not show anything coming in or any flags for that port 

-So, I'm wondering if I need to allow client authentication?? 

- Do I have to use the Certificates from the safenet side instead? They have sent over 3 certificates (KeySecure client certificate and PKI CA certificate/certificate chain ) 

If so, How do I do I import/install their certificates and apply them in the .confs

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...