Getting Data In

How to get data from rackspace servers to AWS splunk

Amandeepsin

I want to pull or push data from rackspace servers, which already have forwarders and was pucshing data to splunk hosted in rackspace.
Now, I have moved splunk from rackspace to AWS but servers are still on rackspace.

How can I get data from rackspace servers to splunk AWS. Should I use HEC, or needed VPC peering etc etc

Tags (1)
0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@Amandeepsin,

Edited based on your comments:

Once you set up Splunk enterprise on AWS, you could still use your rack space forwarders to forward data.
If you have an indexer cluster in AWS, you could configure an ELB (listening on TCP) in AWS for load balancing the traffic from forwarder and ELB instance will be the end point for your forwarder. Depending on whether you require HTTP or HTTPS(recommended) you need to configure your forwarder and ELB.
Have a look at this thread also - https://answers.splunk.com/answers/442719/how-to-forward-logs-from-a-local-data-center-to-a.html

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

Amandeepsin

Hi,

we are not using splunk cloud but splunk enterprise hosted on AWS servers and application servers on rackspace are windows servers

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...