Getting Data In

How to get Cisco AMP events in Splunk Cloud?

tlmayes
Contributor

Have a requirement to get Cisco AMP events into Splunk Cloud.  For Splunk Enterprise, I use python, but with no access to the back-end, how is it done in Cloud?  Their is no "Cisco AMP" TA, so at a loss (for the moment). 

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Run your Python input script on a heavy forwarder in your on-prem network.  Download the "Universal Forwarder" app from your Splunk Cloud instance to configure the HF to send events to the Cloud.

If your Splunk Cloud stack is on the Victoria experience, then you can put your Python script into a custom app and install that on your search head.  That assumes, of course, your Cisco AMP devices can be accessed from the Cloud.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

tlmayes
Contributor

Didn't think of it that way, treat the SH as a receiver, not a collector.  I tried the second option previously and support stumbled "bad" so reluctant to burn hours (really, days) on that again

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Run your Python input script on a heavy forwarder in your on-prem network.  Download the "Universal Forwarder" app from your Splunk Cloud instance to configure the HF to send events to the Cloud.

If your Splunk Cloud stack is on the Victoria experience, then you can put your Python script into a custom app and install that on your search head.  That assumes, of course, your Cisco AMP devices can be accessed from the Cloud.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...