Getting Data In

How to geo map participants IP addresses

splunkuseradmin
Path Finder

Hey all,

So, I need a geo map: locations (IP address) using ip address and when I try to use
"........| iplocation IPAddress" then no Country or City fields appear.
The data is getting extracted in a .CSV using a python script and .CSV file has only above mentioned fields.
So my question is:
Do I need to have country and city fields also in .csv or we can obtain locations just using ipaddress?

thanks

1 Solution

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hello @splunkuseradmin,

This query should work. If not please check field name and ip-address values once.

| iplocation IPAddress
| geostats latfield=lat longfield=lon count

Hope this helps!!!

View solution in original post

renjith_nair
Legend

@splunkuseradmin,

Try this and select cluster map as visualization

your current search | iplocation IPAddress|geostats latfield=lat longfield=lon count by IPAddress
Happy Splunking!

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hello @splunkuseradmin,

This query should work. If not please check field name and ip-address values once.

| iplocation IPAddress
| geostats latfield=lat longfield=lon count

Hope this helps!!!

splunkuseradmin
Path Finder

Oops! my bad I was trying the same, what you guys suggesting but the mistake was in the field Ipaddress name correct field name is is "IP Address".
anyways you gave me the right answer thogh i check this one.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...