Getting Data In

How to geo map participants IP addresses

splunkuseradmin
Path Finder

Hey all,

So, I need a geo map: locations (IP address) using ip address and when I try to use
"........| iplocation IPAddress" then no Country or City fields appear.
The data is getting extracted in a .CSV using a python script and .CSV file has only above mentioned fields.
So my question is:
Do I need to have country and city fields also in .csv or we can obtain locations just using ipaddress?

thanks

1 Solution

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hello @splunkuseradmin,

This query should work. If not please check field name and ip-address values once.

| iplocation IPAddress
| geostats latfield=lat longfield=lon count

Hope this helps!!!

View solution in original post

renjith_nair
Legend

@splunkuseradmin,

Try this and select cluster map as visualization

your current search | iplocation IPAddress|geostats latfield=lat longfield=lon count by IPAddress
Happy Splunking!

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hello @splunkuseradmin,

This query should work. If not please check field name and ip-address values once.

| iplocation IPAddress
| geostats latfield=lat longfield=lon count

Hope this helps!!!

splunkuseradmin
Path Finder

Oops! my bad I was trying the same, what you guys suggesting but the mistake was in the field Ipaddress name correct field name is is "IP Address".
anyways you gave me the right answer thogh i check this one.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...