Getting Data In

How to forward data from universal forwarder to Splunk light?

ajindal

I have installed a universal forwarder on linux server and I have Splunk light cloud instance. I am able to find the forwarder in forwarder management but not in forwarder monitoring screen. I am also not able to add data from my forwarder to the search screen. Can some provide help with this.

0 Karma

gneumann_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Follow the steps in this section, and you should be successful in seeing your forwarders on both the Forwarder Management screen and Forwarder Monitoring screens. If you have any issues, please post here and we can give you some other tips for success.
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkLight/7.0.3/GettingStarted/GettingdataintoSplunkLightusin...

0 Karma

ajindal

alt text

My search screen looks like the image attached.
I cannot find the New button or select server class button.

But, my Splunk forwarder management screen has the forwarders.
Can you check and let me know if I am doing any mistake in installation.alt text

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...