Getting Data In

How to forward all indexed data from all indexes from heavy forwarder to another instance over ssl?

ififitsisits

I am using Splunk Free, and the Splunk add-on for AWS, attempting to index and forward generic s3 data with a custom index name to a Splunk Enterprise instance. It looks like data is being indexed, and the ssl connection is connecting, but not forwarding data. I have indexed data that shows in the web client. I am getting the following repeated output in splunkd.log

05-21-2020 10:23:16.119 -0400 INFO TcpOutputProc - Found currently active indexer. Connected to idx=ip:9998, reuse=1.
05-21-2020 10:23:25.150 -0400 INFO LMStackMgr - license_warnings_update_interval=auto has reached the minimum threshold 10. Will not reduce license_warnings_update_interval beyond this value

In outputs.conf to account for sending all indexes I used 'forwardedindex.0.whitelist = .*'

inputs.conf
[default]
host = hostname
disabled=0

outputs.conf
[tcpout]
defaultGroup = default-autolb-group
indexAndForward = true
disabled = false
forwardedindex.0.whitelist = .*

[tcpout:default-autolb-group]
compressed = true
server = ip:9998
clientCert = /opt/splunk/etc/auth/server.pem
sslPassword = passwordHere
sslRootCAPath = /opt/splunk/etc/auth/ca.pem
sslVerifyServerCert = false
sendCookedData = true

What is the required change in my forwarder configuration?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...