Getting Data In

How to fix MSSQL DB Connect Validation Error

Footoasis0868
Engager

Hi all,

I have trouble connecting my test MSSQL with DB Connect.

Screenshot_1.png

I am able to connect the DB using DBVisualizer using the credential I use for the identity.

I am using the Generic MSSQL Driver:

Clipboard01.png

The log:

2022-05-27 21:37:44.537 +0800  [dw-59 - GET /api/connections/mssql-test/status] INFO  com.splunk.dbx.connector.logger.AuditLogger - operation=validation connection_name=mssql-test stanza_name= state=error sql='unknown' message='The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target". ClientConnectionId:da36105c-f9e9-44e9-aeeb-023742b9a4eb'

I don't know why the error log shows SSL error when I have not enabled SSL for the connection.

Below is the db_connections.conf

[mssql-test]
connection_type = generic_mssql
database = master
disabled = 0
host = 192.168.74.238
identity = mssql-test
jdbcUseSSL = false
localTimezoneConversionEnabled = false
port = 1433
readonly = false
timezone = Etc/GMT

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Footoasis0868
Engager

I found the solution and I hope this can help somebody somewhere in the future.

For some reasons, the Generic MSSQL driver has enabled TLS encryption connection by default.

All you have to do is to add the following driver property in the key value to disable the encryption connection:

Screenshot_1.png

View solution in original post

Imadam
Observer

Hello, 

After adding that property I have now error:

The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server 
by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption.
Error: "Certificates do not conform to algorithm constraints". ClientConnectionId:f6d04b57-f4f7-4bc2-93ca-d3ac59ad7b4b

Splunk: 9.0.4.1

Db Connect: 3.14.1

Java: openjdk 17.0.8.1

Funny thing i don't have that problem on other server

Splunk: 9.0.4.1

DB Connect: 3.12.2

Java: openjdk 17.0.7

0 Karma

Footoasis0868
Engager

I found the solution and I hope this can help somebody somewhere in the future.

For some reasons, the Generic MSSQL driver has enabled TLS encryption connection by default.

All you have to do is to add the following driver property in the key value to disable the encryption connection:

Screenshot_1.png

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...