Getting Data In

How to extract mac address from different logs?

marco_massari11
Communicator

Hi,

I'm trying to extract some fields from my Access Point Aruba in order to be CIM compliant. For authentication log I have two kinds of event:

Login failed:

cli[5405]: <341004> <WARN> AP:ML_AP01 <................................>  Client 60:f2:62:8c:a8:a7 authenticate fail because RADIUS server authentication failure

Login success:

stm[5434]: <501093> <NOTI> AP:ML_AP01 <..................................> Auth success: 60:f2:62:8c:a8:a7: AP ...................................ML_AP01

My goal is to extract the mac address after "Client" in the first log and the mac after "Auth success" in the second one in a common field called "src", can someone please help me?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| rex "(Client |Auth success: )(?<src>..:..:..:..:..:..)"

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| rex "(Client |Auth success: )(?<src>..:..:..:..:..:..)"
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...