Getting Data In

How to extract JSON at index time?

adexteracc
Explorer

I am trying to extract some json data at index time. I have found the article about using regular expressions to create custom fields but regex is not well suited to extracting json. I understand that spath can take out the json data during a search but in this case it is required that I extract the data into fields at index time.

0 Karma

jluo_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can ingest the data using the _json sourcetype - this will enable indexed field extractions.

Alternatively, if you don't want to keep the _json sourcetype name, you can set INDEXED_EXTRACTION=JSON in props.conf.

0 Karma

hortonew
Builder

Have you already tried applying INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS=JSON in your props.conf at your universal forwarder level (or wherever the input is configured)?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...