Getting Data In

How to detect the beginning/ending of Daylight Savings Time?

matstap
Communicator

I have a report in which a date/time field is converted from GMT to MST/MDT, depending on if it is currently in Daylight Savings Time. Since DST ends/begins on a different date every year, how do automatically change which timezone to convert to in the query?

0 Karma

mstjohn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

hi @matstap,

Did either of the answers below solve your problem? If so, please resolve this post by approving one of them. If not, keep us updated so that someone else can help you solve your problem.

Also, if you're feeling generous, give out an upvote to the user that helped ya. Our users love them upvotes. 🙂

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend
0 Karma

horsefez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @matstap,

I'm not sure it's going to work out as you would like it to work out.
But I can point you to a great solution to this question from a fellow member of this community.

This answer is from @woodcock:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/241990/does-splunk-take-into-consideration-timezone-dayli.html

I hope this helps you in your struggle!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...