Getting Data In

How to deploy the configuration bundle for our multi-site indexer cluster through Splunk Web?

andriy_noble
Explorer

We configured a Multi-Site Indexer Cluster in our environment and are trying to figure out how to deploy the Configuration Bundle through Splunk Web. Normally in an Indexer Cluster, we are able to deploy it with no issues.

When navigating to the "Indexer Clustering" page, and then looking at the "Edit" button, it is grayed out/unavailable. I was able to successfully deploy the configuration bundle using the CLI, but this cannot be the answer. And I have also confirmed that the cluster is not in maintenance mode.

Running Splunk 6.3.7 on Windows 2012.

Does anyone know if this is a problem with my cluster, or if this isn't supported by in a Multi-Site cluster?

0 Karma
1 Solution

andriy_noble
Explorer

Figured out that you can't be managed from the UI once you've done a multisite cluster

Screenshot of MultiSite Cluster

View solution in original post

0 Karma

andriy_noble
Explorer

Figured out that you can't be managed from the UI once you've done a multisite cluster

Screenshot of MultiSite Cluster

0 Karma

aaraneta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @andriy.noble - Unfortunately, you don't have enough karma points yet to attach files to posts, hence why your screenshot is broken. I have converted your comment to an answer and accepted it, since you figured out the reason.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...