Getting Data In

How to convert the time and calculate the difference in a query?

pavanae
Builder

Hello Splunkers, 

I have a query as follows 

My query blah blah blah |stats latest(description) as description latest(result) as result latest(object) as object by host source _time

which gives the result as follows 

pavanae_1-1657648352473.png

As highlighted with yellow color on the above results there are two different time values one under _time and the other under description. 

Now I want to filter the results for the hosts that has more than 24 hours in the difference between _time and the time in the description. Something like below 

difference time = (_time - time_in_the_description) > 24 hours 

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| rex field=description "Last event received from [^:]+: (?<description_time>\d+\-\d+\-\d+\s\d+:\d+)"
| where _time-strptime(description_time,"%Y-%d-%m %H:%M") > 60*60*24

View solution in original post

0 Karma

pavanae
Builder

Thanks for the response. the regex provided didn't worked. Let me provide the full syntax of the Description below 

Last event received from host_1 (ABCD-1234): 2022-12-06 23:59. logtype=ABC
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| rex field=description "Last event received from [^:]+: (?<description_time>\d+\-\d+\-\d+\s\d+:\d+)"
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It is a little difficult to see what your data looks like from the picture, but assuming I have worked out the pattern correctly, try something like this

| rex field=description "Last event received from \S+ : (?<description_time>\d+\-\d+\-\d+\s\d+:\d+)"
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...