Getting Data In

How to configure Splunk to prevent grouping events when the timestamp is identical?

jscraig2006
Communicator

I am having an issue with the time stamp on one of my apps. They will group together if the time stamp is identical in the event.

Example:

Jun 7 17:37:31
Jun 7 17:37:31

However, they are separate events.

But as soon as the time stamp changes, the event is separated. I am currently using in my props.conf file BREAK_ONLY_BEFORE = ^(?<Month>\w+\s+\d+\s+\d+:\d+:\d+)

Any suggestions? Thanks in advanced

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Try this instead:

TIME_PREFIX=^
TIME_FORMAT = %b %-d %H:%M:%s
BREAK_ONLY_BEFORE_DATE = true
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Try this instead:

TIME_PREFIX=^
TIME_FORMAT = %b %-d %H:%M:%s
BREAK_ONLY_BEFORE_DATE = true
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false

jscraig2006
Communicator

Thanks woodcock. I placed the above change in the props.conf but the events are still grouping:

6/8/16
10:42:32.000 AM
Jun  8 10:42:32 x.x.x.x CounterACT[2561]: NAC Policy Log: Source: x.x.x.x, Rule: , Details: HPS is going to execute the following command "fs_user.vbs  "
Jun  8 10:42:32 x.x.x.x CounterACT[2561]: NAC Policy Log: Source: x.x.x.x, Rule: , Details: HPS is going to execute the following command "fs_NBTDomain.exe  "
0 Karma

jscraig2006
Communicator

After reindexing and letting it cook, the events are now separated. Thanks again!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...