Getting Data In

How to configure Splunk Light for receiving data from a Universal Forwarder?

andig2
Engager

I have Splunk Light on Windows and the Universal Forwarder on Raspberry. According to docs, I need to create a server class for receiving data. The admin UI does not give me an option to do so.

How do I configure SL to receive data from a UF?

0 Karma

andrewb_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

For more details on the process that @jterry refers to, see the topics in the Getting Data In chapter of the Splunk Light User Guide. A good starting topic is http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkLight/6.4.0/GettingStarted/Aboutaddingdata

jterry
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The distinction between a forwarder & a deployment client is blurred in SL. For forwarding all you need to do is open/listen to a port on the server & tell the forwarder to send data there. (splunk add forward-server ...). In the latest release, it's recommended that all forwarders also be deployment clients (splunk set deploy-poll ...). This ties into the server class concept where forwarders (configured as deployment clients) can be managed in groups.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...