Getting Data In

How to configure Heavy Forwarder with License Slave in Splunk Cloud

markuxProof
Path Finder

Greetings,

Is it possible to set up a heavy forwarder as a license slave in a Spluk Cloud architecture?

prakash007
Builder

If you don't index the data locally on a HF....you can use a forwarder(1MB) license

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/395082/do-we-need-a-license-for-heavy-forwarder.html

markuxProof
Path Finder

tks, mcnamara.

But in my case, I need an HF because I'm using the SA-LDAPSearch add-on that I can not install on the Universal Forwarder.

I need to access the license master in the Splunk Cloud, but I do not know if this is possible.

0 Karma

prakash007
Builder

If I am not wrong, you can use a forwarder license on the HF and install the add-ons, as it does have the advancing parsing capabilities...

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SA-LdapSearch/2.1.4/User/Platformandhardwarerequirements

0 Karma

markuxProof
Path Finder

But does HF continue to run ldap queries?

If HF does not lose the ability to run LDAP queries, I can resolve the problem.

0 Karma

Esky73
Builder

Splunk can supply a 0 byte splunk license for your HF and you should still be able to use all your apps as designed as long as no indexing is configured locally.

0 Karma

markuxProof
Path Finder

There was a question: Do LDAP queries performed by the SA-LDAPSearch add-on continue to run on a heavy forwarder using the Forwarder license?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...