Getting Data In

How to combine all the source types in single search result?

saibal6
Path Finder

I have almost 19 different indexes, which was already mentioned in my inputs.conf file. But today I got to know that the source type are not same for the same log files which are indexing daily on the real time format. But I had perform the search result always with a single source type and created a email alert notification with it. Due to different source types are available in my log files, so lot of errors are not coming in my search result and i missed those errors.

Can anyone help me out from this problem that how can I combine all source types in a single search result and extract my important fields which will be present in all source types and create a complete search result?
Please mentioned the link also if you have.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @saibal6,

What about

index=your index  (sourcetype="sourcetypeA" OR sourcetype="sourcetypeB" OR sourcetype="sourcetypeC" OR .....)|fields <your important fields>
Happy Splunking!

saibal6
Path Finder

Hi @renjith.nair,

I have already tried with your mentioned search and it's working properly.

But in my case I want to write a dynamic search result only for source types, so that I can easily monitor every source types very easily.

Can you help me on this matter?

0 Karma

tokio13
Path Finder

How did you solve this?

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @tokio13 

You're responding to an old thread. Some of the original contributors might not even be using community forums anymore. You'd gain more visibility if you posted a new thread with a description of your problem.

If the partial solutions presented here are relevant to your case you might include a link to this thread for reference.

0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @saibal6,

You shall try with sourcetype=* as well and also add one of the common fields into the search as your_field=* so that it gets only those events which has this field. Hope this helps and please feel free to vote and accept the answer

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

saibal6
Path Finder

Hi @renjith.nair,

I have already tried with this search result. It's working but my concern is my source types are not static. Data indexing in any source type randomly, so i need a dynamic search result for source type which will get the all source types.

Could you please give me any dynamic search result for different source types?

0 Karma

jplumsdaine22
Influencer

Can you post two of your searches?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...