Getting Data In

How to change time zone from EST to CET on schedule searches ?

Engager

Hi all,

I have found all schedule searches are running on EST instead of CET timezone, if i go and props.conf in /system/local
the Timezone showing TZ=UST .

could you please help me how to set CET time zone instead of EST.

0 Karma

burwell
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Scheduled jobs run using the time zone of the user who scheduled the job. This can lead to great debugging confusion. I strongly urge my users to use UTC which is what all our logs use.

manjunathmeti
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Identify owner of the scheduled searches in Settings » Searches, Reports, and Alerts.

Then check timezone set to the owner(s) in Settings » Access Control » Users. Click on user name to see it's settings. Change time zone to CET for user.

0 Karma

Engager

I have checked the Settings » Access Control » Users. the user timezone set to CET only. but the person run any schedule searches identified that EST time zone instead of CET

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check your systems (where splunk installed) time zone.

0 Karma

Engager

Actually for my user the Time zone showing EST but as a admin if try to open all the scheduled seatches about the user i can see CEST. i am not user why it's showing for the user differently. any guess why it's showing different for user how to resolve it .

0 Karma

Engager

Sorry TZ=UTC small correction.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What time zone is selected in your account's Splunk preferences?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

Engager

I have checked the splunkd.log , all are running on CEST timezone on that particular host.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your personal time zone preference will not be found in splunkd.log. Click on your name then select Preferences.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

Engager

i am i have i have found CEST /CET in splunkd.log but if e run schedule searches related to one particular user , the searches are running in EST timezone instead of CET.

Even i have verified the user Settings » Access Control » Users , the timezone set to CET only . iam not sure where is the problem.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...