Getting Data In

How to avoid forwarding the event which has already forwarded after restart of forwarder

moohkhol

Today I have change configuration of forwarder and restarted it, after restart it is forwarding previous events as well which forwarder has already forwarder.

How I can make sure that after restart, forwarder will only send latest data not previous one.

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi moohkhol,

the default behavior of an universal forwarder is, to continue where it left ..... unless you did set crcsalt = <SOURCE> for example. This can lead to re-indexing.

You could use the ignoreOlderThan option in inputs.conf to ignore files that are older then your set value.

Also, re-indexing will take place if the universal forwarders fishbucket got cleaned by exectuing splunk clean all or by removing files form $SPLUNK_HOME/var/lib/splunk/fishbucket.

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

moohkhol

I have not set crcsalt in inputs.conf but still i am seeing that, forwarder is sending older data. I have controlled it with ignoreOlderThan =1d but this will still send duplicate data of 1 day. I am using heavy forwarder .. any though on this ??

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...