Getting Data In

How to agregate data from different sourcetypes?

jip31jip31
Explorer

hello

I use the request below for retrieving some information from the Windows event viewer but in my dashboard, I need to aggregate other information from another sourcetype.
This sourcetype comes from another sourcetype ([WinHostMon://computer]] or from WMI.conf ([WMI:Computer])
My question is. how to aggregate data in my SPL command for these 2 cases?
Thanks

index="wineventlog" sourcetype="wineventlog:*" SourceName="*" Type="Critique" OR Type="Avertissement" 
| dedup host  
| stats count  
| rename count AS "Number of machines" 
| eventstats sum(count) as Total 
| eval percent=round((count/Total)*100,1) 
| eval host=host."(count: ".count.", percent: ".percent.")" 
| fields - count Total

index="wineventlog" sourcetype="wineventlog:*" SourceName="*" Type="Critique" OR Type="Avertissement" 
| dedup host  
| stats count  
| fields - count Total

| dedup host  
| stats count  
| fields - count Total

We formatted your code so it was easier to see the three queries.

0 Karma

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

We formatted your code so it was easier to see the three queries. However, they were identical. Please update to add the second query.

0 Karma

jip31jip31
Explorer

NOBODY FOR HELPING ME??

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your query is difficult to understand. It looks like it might be two or three searches run together. Can you please edit the question?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

HI

sorry the exact request is :
index="wineventlog" sourcetype="wineventlog:" SourceName="" Type="Critique" OR Type="Avertissement" | dedup host | stats count | rename count AS "Number of machines" | eventstats sum(count) as Total | eval percent=round((count/Total)*100,1) | eval host=host."(count: ".count.", percent: ".percent.")" | fields - count

0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

ok thanks

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did your query get mangled by the forum? It looks like it might be two queries stuck together.

BTW, for better performance, use stats dc(host) instead of dedup host | stats count.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Is there any common field present in all sourcetype?

0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

no sorry...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...