Getting Data In

How to add setup parameters to a new shell input in the Splunk Add-on Builder?

hettervik
Builder

On the page "Configure data collection using a REST API call" there is a section about adding setup parametersHowever, on the shell input page "Configure data collection using a shell command" there is no such section. There is a section about adding input parameters, but it's not the same. The reason I'm asking is because I'm trying to add setup parameterts to a shell input, and I just get error messages in the final validation page, no matter what I do.

Should it be the same syntax as for REST-inputs, or is it different for shell inputs?

See attached screenshot of what I'm trying to do. I've already tried the following versions of the parameter syntax, but I get the same error messages for all of them,  and yes, I've added values to the parameters (in the Add-on Setup Parameters tab).

${__settings__.additional_parameters.my_parameter}
${additional_parameters.my_parameter}
${my_parameter}

Also, I get it to work if I switch to input parameters instead, but in this case I want to use setup parameters, as I'm planning to re-use the parameters in several inputs.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...