Getting Data In

How do you do a spath search that would search for multiple models with a variance of IOS levels?

bzsplunk54

Hello,

I am trying to acquire some input for SPL parsing a JSON file using the |spath command. Here is an example of my JSON format.

{
"ip": "10.1.1.2",
"hostname": "Switch_1",
"function": "Switch Access",
"owner": "Doughnut Co.",
"vendor": "Cisco",
"dev_type": "Switch",
"ssh": true,
"ping": true,
"snmp": false,
"ConnType": "cisco_ios",
"version": "15.2(2)E6",
"chassis_model": "WS-C2960",
"chassis_sn": "G0T1635R11M",
"slot_list": [
{
"sn": "G0T1635R11M",
"slot": "1",
"model": "WS-C2960"
}
],

{
"ip": "10.1.1.3",
"hostname": "Switch_2",
"function": "Switch Access",
"owner": "Doughnut Co.",
"vendor": "Cisco",
"dev_type": "Switch",
"ssh": true,
"ping": true,
"snmp": true,
"ConnType": "cisco_ios",
"version": "12.2(55)SE12",
"chassis_model": "WS-C2960S-48FPS-L",
"chassis_sn": "F0R1524Q11L",
"slot_list": [
{
"sn": "F0R1524Q11L",
"slot": "1",
"model": "WS-C2960S-48FPS-L"
}
],

==========================================================================
I need to focus on the model (chassis_model) with a correlation to the IOS (version). I know that I could add a spath statement and then a search statement for chassis_model and version, but how do I incorporate multiple searches for chassis_model and version.

Index=new dev_type=switch sourcetype="_json"  ("WS-C2960*") 
    ping!=false last_status="connected" earliest =-1d@d latest=now 
| spath version 
| search version="12.2(55)SE12"

I need to be able to search for multiple switch revisions of the same switch running different IOS versions. This will work at the beginning of the search ** ("WS-C2960*" version="12.2(55)SE12") OR ("WS-C2960S*" version!="15.2(2)E6)** However, I want to be able to use spath as the search flow is easier to follow when dealing with a vast array of equipment.

*this I know will not work but how can something similar work with an spath SPL statement?

| spath 
| search "WS-C2960S*" version!="15.2(2)E9" 
| spath 
| search "WS-C2960*" version="12.2(55)SE12" 
| dedup ip 

Thank You

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

martinpu
Communicator

Try using an OR clause in between:

| spath 
 | search (generatedField="WS-C2960S" version!="15.2(2)E9") OR (generatedField="WS-C2960*" version="12.2(55)SE12")
 | dedup ip

Spath should generate a field as well for that query, defining search based on field is much faster

View solution in original post

0 Karma

martinpu
Communicator

Try using an OR clause in between:

| spath 
 | search (generatedField="WS-C2960S" version!="15.2(2)E9") OR (generatedField="WS-C2960*" version="12.2(55)SE12")
 | dedup ip

Spath should generate a field as well for that query, defining search based on field is much faster

0 Karma

bzsplunk54

thank you!

0 Karma

asoma0707

Hi,
Can we use regular expression in search field after spath ? I am stuck in the similar kind of situation. I retrieved JSON object, after that I am looking for a particular string with different formats (alphaNumeric). Those are actually data anomalies.

Could you please provide your advise on how do we incorporate regex in search field ? I tried, but could not come to the solution.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...