Getting Data In

How do we define collections.conf in SplunkCloud?

morethanyell
Builder

Creating Lookup Definition (transforms stanza) can be done on Splunk Web UI. But since we need to point a kv definition to a collections.conf, we must have that stanza in collections.conf. How do we define collections.conf in SplunkCloud? Thanks in advance.

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You have to either deploy an app that is cloud vetted which contains one OR to create one just for you, you must open a support case.

View solution in original post

morethanyell
Builder

This problem can be solved if you have Lookup Editor installed in your SplunkCloud search head. In that app, there's a way to configure a new KV Lookup and that includes taking care of collections-conf name.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You have to either deploy an app that is cloud vetted which contains one OR to create one just for you, you must open a support case.

Luispl55

Hi Woodcock,

Do you know if this is still the case nowadays (2024)?

thanks.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

it's more or less same situation. You have those three options:

1. Use lookup editor app
  2. Create own app which contains those definition and install it. In Victoria experience you can do it by your self
  3. On Classic edition you probably still need to create a support case or create cloud vetted private app on splunkbase from where you (probably) could install it by yourself?

I said that the lookup editor app is probably the easiest way to do it unless your are familiar with your own apps and need this otherwise too.

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1724

r. Ismo

0 Karma

morethanyell
Builder

sucks man 😞

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...