Getting Data In

How do I display data in Splunk that's delivered through the HTTP collector endpoint?

mcforgerock

I'm running a cloud trial of Splunk and have set up an HTTP collector. Data is being delivered to the endpoint via cURL. See the following command and response:

curl -k  https://input-prd-p-lmgm59gf8vp3.cloud.splunk.com:8088/services/collector -H "Authorization: Splunk 3c95e4e7-daa7-4c57-94b9-6f9df02c16d7" -d '{"event": "hello world"}'

{"text":"Success","code":0}

Despite repeated execution of the command, the Data Summary remains blank.
alt text

Does anyone know how to display the data submitted through cURL?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Try this (set Time picker to All time😞

[|tstats max(_time) AS time WHERE index=* AND TERM("hello world") BY host source sourcetype index
| format
| rex field=search mode=sed "s/time/earliest/"] hello world

Cut and paste this EXACTLY as-is.

0 Karma

tiagofbmm
Influencer

If you have success, data is in Splunk. Check the index=main if it is the case that you have set HEC to index it there.

Search for source="http:<your_hec_input_name>" (index="main")

0 Karma

mcforgerock

Still, nothing even when I change the range, see screenshot below. If the system is holding data shouldn't that be reflected in the data summary? Provided a screenshot of that as well.

alt text

alt text

0 Karma

mcforgerock

Thanks for the response. I think I have this right but am still not seeing any search results.

alt text

alt text

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious?

0 Karma

tiagofbmm
Influencer

Check that for AllTime, I don't know when did you ingest that dummy data and it will have the time of when you indexed it.

If still no results, is this a Single Splunk Instance?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...