Feedback
Got feedback? We want it! Submit your comments and suggestions for our community here.

How do I delete my Splunk account

arcarrion
Engager

Hi,

I want to close and delete my Splunk account. I do not have a phone number in any of the countries with customer support, and I am not willing to make an international phone call just to close an account that I never used... Could you please point me out a way to delete the account, as guaranteed by GDPR?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

nVRs74Db8dWN
Explorer

Just to stop all the misinformation, the way to delete the account is to go to the Privacy section at the bottom of the main site: https://www.splunk.com/en_us/legal/privacy/privacy-policy.html

Under "Your Rights" there's a form called data request form whichyou fill in and you have a delete option.

Have fun!

View solution in original post

nVRs74Db8dWN
Explorer

Just to stop all the misinformation, the way to delete the account is to go to the Privacy section at the bottom of the main site: https://www.splunk.com/en_us/legal/privacy/privacy-policy.html

Under "Your Rights" there's a form called data request form whichyou fill in and you have a delete option.

Have fun!

nVRs74Db8dWN
Explorer

Somebody might want to repost the info above as I submitted a deletion request; after that completes I don't know if my posts will remain.

Just so it doesn't get lost.

0 Karma

nVRs74Db8dWN
Explorer

I'm not talking from a legal point of view but as a courtesy to it's users, a matter of common sense and respect between the 2 parties (provider + user).

badrinath_itrs
Communicator

This is already answered in past. Refer below link for more details.

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/32609/delete-splunk-account.html

0 Karma

nVRs74Db8dWN
Explorer

Not a relevant answer though is it? It's p!ss getting asked to call in the US when users all around the world can create an account.

As long as you don't offer local numbers then such requests should either be available from the user control panel or a form or an email address.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Well, regardless of my personal opinion about it, that's how it is. As long as the services are provided from US, they do not fall under GDPR jurisdiction and you created your account of your own free will. There might be other laws in play if you're talking about services provided from within EU (I'm not sure if Splunk provides Cloud services from geographicaly-limited infrastructure - haven't used Cloud myself yet) but that's a different story.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...