Getting Data In

How do I configure custom index-time field extraction?

GolemXIV

Hello,

i want to extract a field on index-time extraction on search head (i know it's not the best idea), but I'm have some strange issues with it.
A new field should be indexed through collect command to summary indexes, but when i collect data this way, i don't see this field extraction. When i use | extract some-number-idx , the fields are visible in verbose mode, so it looks like field extraction is ok. I try to restart Splunk, move confs from app to etc/system/local, but all is useless. What could be the problem? Maybe there are some logs in Splunk to debug this process?

My confs in custom app:

#transforms.conf
[some-number-idx]
REGEX = myfield=(<number_idx>\d+)
FORMAT = number_idx::$1
WRITE_META = true

#props.conf
[stash]
TRANSFORMS-myfield = some-number-idx

#fields.conf
[number_idx]
INDEXED = true
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You should back ALL the way up. You definitely should not put in any settings for sourcetype statsh, especially index-time. What exactly is your original problem?

0 Karma

GolemXIV

Thanks for the answer. I make slices (~ 200 million) using | collect in composite indexes, which are verified with an external source for this numeric field. Ideally, I want to index it as a timestamp in order to run in a range of several jobs across this field.
As I understand it, when setting the sourcetype to collect, the license is wasted, so keep stash is the default sourcetype ...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...