Getting Data In

How do I Configure a Workflow to POST JSON Encoded Data?

klopez30
Explorer

When creating a work flow with a POST request everything is automatically URL encoded according to the docs.

"Splunk software automatically HTTP-form encodes variables that it passes in POST link actions via URIs. This means you can include values that have spaces between words or punctuation characters."

The endpoint I am hitting expects this data to be in JSON format. Is there anyway to change this so that the request sends application/json instead?

1 Solution

svasani_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You could do that by setting up the proxy server which listens for application/x-www-form-urlencoded type requests and post's application/json type data.
So you direct your request to proxy server which will do post request in application/json type.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

svasani_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You could do that by setting up the proxy server which listens for application/x-www-form-urlencoded type requests and post's application/json type data.
So you direct your request to proxy server which will do post request in application/json type.

0 Karma

lakshman239
Influencer

does this mean without a proxy server, we cannot post a json data to the application, natively?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...