Getting Data In

How can i change timestamp?(Moscow Timezone inexactness)

andrey2007
Contributor

Hello,
i have Splunk on freebsd 8.2 and i collect logs from Cisco Ips with Splunk for Cisco IPS App(using scripted input). Trouble is in timestamps, if event occurs at present moment, i see this event on splunk through some seconds, but with timestamp like this event was one hour ago. On freebsd i have Moscow timezone and correct time, time on Ips corresponds to realtime too, but in Splunk (Manager=>Your account) Moscow timezone is UTC+3, but really Moscow timezone is UTC+4. This is a problem. How can i change timestamps? Or may be somebody knows another solution for this problem.
P.s. i tryed to change props.conf for this app, may be i forgot something? this is my props.conf
[source::/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_CiscoIPS/var/log/ips_sdee.log.192.22.97.82]
[cisco_ips_syslog]
TZ = AE

Tags (2)
0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

"Moscow timezone is UTC+3, but really Moscow timezone is UTC+4"
the timezone definition comes from your system TZ tables, double check that your system is up to date on the indexers and search-heads. see in /usr/share/zoneinfo/

on linux you can try any timezone conversion of the current time with
date; export TZ=AE; date

0 Karma

andrey2007
Contributor

Yes, my system is up to date and with correct time, for testing i have one Splunk instance.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...